This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Dragon, A Quest & A Rescue
3204 HD 

High in The Cold Mountain is a realm ruled over by a white dragon demigod who spins platinum thread, mined by his dwarven serfs. He then turns the thread into automata to serve him with the intention of slowly replacing the dwarves. Knowing they are doomed as soon as the Dragon has enough automata one has escaped and seeks help.

3205 HD 

The she Dwarf escapee from the Cold Mountain fled with her automaton boyfriend. They had to flee ghasts and mechanical spiders, seeking both help and the legendary lost dwarf kingdom nearby. Along the way they approached the Highwell Hills Adventurers Guild looking for help.

Defend, Prevail & Conquer
Reply Return to top
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2018, 09:12 PM)Mhainite Wrote: 3204 HD 

High in The Cold Mountain is a realm ruled over by a white dragon demigod who spins platinum thread, mined by his dwarven serfs. He then turns the thread into automata to serve him with the intention of slowly replacing the dwarves. Knowing they are doomed as soon as the Dragon has enough automata one has escaped and seeks help.

3205 HD 

The she Dwarf escapee from the Cold Mountain fled with her automaton boyfriend. They had to flee ghasts and mechanical spiders, seeking both help and the legendary lost dwarf kingdom nearby. Along the way they approached the Highwell Hills Adventurers Guild looking for help.

"A cold mountain you say? Well at least you don't get many dire walruses up a mountain. H'mm a white dragon? Not met one of those, aren't they usually meant to be stupid? Though the suggestion it is somehow sowing these into automata suggests otherwise. Nice to see that you aren't one of those conservative dwarves who doesn't believe not cross breeding, well attempting to anyway.
Sounds interesting, who else might be going?"
Reply Return to top
Thanks given by:
Greetings one and all,

Thank you good sir for getting back to me. I am hoping we will have a few others join us. The longer we leave it the greater the number of Automata the dragon will have created and the more likely he will have killed all of the Dwarves.

I realise this is a very dangerous adventure and the risks are high but the treasure will be great and a good deed will have been done!

Kind regards,

Yar'rag Setab
Reply Return to top
Thanks given by:
Hmmm dragons?....What else have I got to loose if I can find the time to go is happy join

The Forest Regrows even after wild fire!

HMS: Emrys Harper, Woody Sparrow 

Reply Return to top
Thanks given by:
Greetings and well me so far I have Verminis the Warlock, Shaylan the Ranger and Enemy's Harper. All I need is three more companions and we are set!
Reply Return to top
Thanks given by:
Hmm...stumpy's are in trouble yar say.... I no hardened warrior or notin' but a fwend is a fwend. An' I dearsay dat dere burly mountain has some pretty fine ore in it fur da takin'.
I can dig an swing an axe and have dabbled in da odd brewin' that is 'bout my limit at moment but if yar wantin' a digger I be happy ta help, even if only on part of adventure.
H.M.S - Diggy (Molekin)
H.M.S. - Nych (Cannis)
ToNA - Dr James? (Human)
Reply Return to top
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2018, 10:04 AM)lonewolf Wrote: Hmm...stumpy's are in trouble yar say.... I no hardened warrior or notin' but a fwend is a fwend. An' I dearsay dat dere burly mountain has some pretty fine ore in it fur da takin'.
I can dig an swing an axe and have dabbled in da odd brewin' that is 'bout my limit at moment but if yar wantin' a digger I be happy ta help, even if only on part of adventure.

Greetings and well met good sir,

I am Yar’rag Setab mage and retired rogue of no small ability and experience and you are?
Reply Return to top
Thanks given by:
Alright! I'm Diggygan Cralight Adept Miner and fwend of mountain folk.

Dragon's are pain in the rump at best of times, always nesting in da spots where da best ore is. Us underground beasty folk tend ta steer clear of em if possible but if dey are killing fwends den I guess I am duty bound ta do sommin' although not sure what.

I can dig an get ya inside dat grand rock. Best inside it than out lugging through the cold white stuff...Though inside is likely to have its dangers too.
H.M.S - Diggy (Molekin)
H.M.S. - Nych (Cannis)
ToNA - Dr James? (Human)
Reply Return to top
Thanks given by:
Ah a call to adventure, I will admit that things have been a little to quiet for my liking.

This sounds like a interesting challenge, I will be happy to lend my assistants
Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.

Reply Return to top
Thanks given by:
"Greetings and well met, once more, Yar'rag. It has been many number of years since our paths last crossed! Or maybe it was many planes and only a few months? I lose track!"

Nevyn gave a soft chuckling laugh and winked then gave the man a hug.

"So, a dragon, eh? I knew a man who married one of those once. Actually I think quite a few marry them, or they say they have as an excuse to meet in the tavern for a mead of an evening. Hahaha! When do we leave?"

Nevyn leaned on his staff and adjusted the wand about his neck.
Reply Return to top
Thanks given by:
Well the party grows and grows I look forward to our expedition. I may use half of us to take on the Dragon and the others to aid the Dwarves in their escape.
Reply Return to top
Thanks given by:
Apologies ladies, gents and all in between! I've only just seen the postin fer this!
Names Fredrick Bairn, but most call me Rags.
Gonna be a pleasure to 'venture wiv you all!
Ramu

Lord of the Roar
The Voice of Violence
Reply Return to top
Thanks given by: