This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Seaxe & Sorcery Magazine and Newsletter
Dear members of Seaxe & Sorcery,

One of the few things I am really good at is learning from my mistakes. Recently I made several and I am now looking to rectify those mistakes.

Firstly I wish to produce a Quarerly Magazine for Seaxe & Sorcery free in PDF formate to ALL paid up members of Seaxe & Sorcery and Contributors. The Magazine will include Art, Articles, Stories, Poetry and Advertising for any members business all free. 

It will cover Board Games, Card Games, RPG, LARP and Re-enactment that our members may be into. Articles. Will have a word limit and be edited for spelling, grammar and punctuation only. If for any reason an article has to be altered the author will be asked to do so in private.

All art work will be original or photos taken by members of the club. I want this to be a whole group contribution with no one left out if possible. I really want this to work but it will only work if everyone gets involved and we push this as both a quality news letter and one which serves to showcase the talent the members of Seaxe & Sorcery have.

I would also like to offer AOE, Alrune, The Sanguine Hunt and Beffys new Cowboy System space to advertise events and publish articles. After all if we cannot support each other who is.

Secondly I want to put a working party together to help organise and put on a convention for next year for the weekend nearest to St. Georges day. The Convention will be 70% to promote Table Top (Board, Card, RPG and War Games) and 30% Cos Play, LARP and Re-enactment. Basically everything Seaxe & Sorcery is into.

All are welcome but if you want to get involved you will need to do the function you volunteer from and do your best to work with everyone else regardless of personal feelings. Again I want to put on the very best event we can. I am not looking to make it a giant event we will start small and build up over time. I also want it to be different and unique.

It will be linked to the Magazine News Letter. The Magazine will be THE TOWER AT THE EDGE OF REALITY and the convention THE CONVENTION AT THE EDGE OF REALITY.

If you are interested please post here or on Facebook on the main Seaxe and Sorcery page. Guys I really want this to work and I need your help to make sure it does.

Love 'n' Cuddles,

Gary
Chairman of Seaxe & Sorcery
Defend, Prevail & Conquer
Reply Return to top
Thanks given by:
Hey, I got into LARP at uni three and a half years and ago and have been playing Tabletop RPGs for slightly longer. This sounds like a really cool idea, and I would be available to write articles on these; I have previously written pieces on several LARP systems internally within the Cambridge LARP Society, at which I ran a system I created, and offered similar articles on RPGs.

I'm also into creative writing, so I can do short fiction if you like.

I'd like to talk more about this, especially to discuss word counts and scheduling.
Reply Return to top
Thanks given by:
I'd love to be involved and help out where possible.
HMS: Oiyou, King of Trollhiem.
MCM: Captain Black, Imperial trencher, 13th regt.  :cool:
Reply Return to top
Thanks given by: