This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Silence
Humming, Able shook her head "well, hard way it is, then." Sure started flicking through the cameras "we have to visit Dave to see Geoff. Geoff will lead us down to Steve, then Steve will lead us to Jenny. Jenny knows the way to Robert, Robert to Stuart then finally Alice has the door key." She flicked through twice more, repeating the phrase

"Right, think I've got it. Bodies should lead us straight there" she pointed at each place, naming obvious bodies in the cameras.

There was definitely movement in Jenny's room, just as the generator sputtered "got everything you need doc? It's best if I destroy the room, but that'll take the power and defences out immediately"
そこに生活の中で知恵があるだけでなく、死を経験します。フェニックスは、未知を恐れることはありません。
"There is wisdom in life, but also experience in death. Phoenix should never fear the unknown"

Shiba Akane of Phoenix Clan, hailing from the Empire of Khaine.
Reply Return to top
Thanks given by:
“DG's JR's & A...got it!” Doc thought it would be easier to abbreviate, he was used to working with abbreviations in the medical profession and it was easier than remembering names. There was definitely movement down there though which they would have to face. It could be anybody or anything. Security had been out for some time.

The vehicle was an all terrain and looking at chunkiness of it, he suspected it had been adapted to take multi-fuels. Which in this day and age meant three things.... bio-fuel, electric or solar. He just hoped it was worth going for and still had some juice left in it. The last option was more unlikely owing to the value of panels.

He took a peak out of the shutter one last time “we had better hurry. I thought I saw a light in that storm which is brewing. Let's get out of this place before whoever is out there reaches us.”

“You had better lead the way. You probably know this place a lot better than I do being an engineer and all.... I only got all the way here on intuition.”
H.M.S - Diggy (Molekin)
H.M.S. - Nych (Cannis)
ToNA - Dr James? (Human)
Reply Return to top
Thanks given by:
Able hummed and nodded "only know as much as I found when I escaped I'm afraid, but we should be okay?" Then nodded, ripping out one of the panels, she quickly grabbed the most useful items before gathering up her tool kits, placing them outside of the door.

Ensuring the doctor was in the hall, able quickly sent some commands to all systems, before bolting to the door just as the titanium sealed shut behind her, narrowly missing trapping her arm

"We need to move Doc, that room is going to blow in three minutes - seems they set up a self destruct for these instances - and the place is gonna be dead when that happens - no light, no security, morning
Nothing, and I can't guarantee it won't take the building down with it." She grinned, picking up her tools, before running down the corridor full tilt, ensuring the doctor was behind her
"There is wisdom in life, but also experience in death. Phoenix should never fear the unknown"

Reply Return to top
Thanks given by:
The Doc followed Able closely, he didn't want to be around when then place went up. Getting to Dave and the onwards to Geoff was easy going, there bodies already looted of anything useful not that they really had the luxury of stopping to search. It was Jenny that was a problem. There was stuff in the way of the door which was making it difficult to open easily. Doc peered though the small window. “Urgh! You gotta be kidding me!”

The room was fairly clear on the far side where the camera was but the end they were at was a state. It was clear it was a store room of sorts but had been ransacked. Metal shelving had been tipped over and boxes of what looked like useless junk were in the way.
Then he saw something even more worrying. Movement!

He fumbled for the pistol, 6 shots was all he had, he had to make them count or rely on his trusty scalpels. Several thoughts went through his mind.. It it were human the scalpels would work, he knew the weak points to nick. But if it was a Ghoul or something mutated then the pistol would be the best choice.

He turned to Able. “There's definitely something in there..... Plus all the junk in the way too.... It could be whoever is in there has barrack-aided themselves in for protection.... Or it's something else mutant or savage ghoul.... They used the ghouls to mine where the radiation was high”

Time was ticking and either way they had to get in there.

“how 'bout count of 3 we ram this and the junk in the way and shout a warning?”
H.M.S - Diggy (Molekin)
H.M.S. - Nych (Cannis)
ToNA - Dr James? (Human)
Reply Return to top
Thanks given by:
She shrugged in response - they had to get through that door, after all, but physical things weren't really her expertise.

Readying her pipe, she waited for the countdown, knees bent and shoulder ready to barge the door

Reply Return to top
Thanks given by:
Doc counted to three then barged the door with all his might. Unfortunately living on poor rations each day had left him a lot weaker than what he was prior to his capture and the plan didn't go exactly to plan. In fact it took several attempts and a pretty sore shoulder and arm before the junk was scattered across the room and they could get it. Time was ticking however and he did not have the time or patience to be negotiating with whatever Jenny was.

His eyes caught a glimpse of her run to the far right corner of the room and cower. It was very difficult in the emergency lighting to figure out what Jenny was. It was only when he moved into the center of the room that it was apparent Jenny was neither human or ghoul but a primate... guessing on her stature a chimpanzee. She had some kind of device embedded in on of her arms and the top of her head.

Doc glanced at Able... he hadn't planned for this eventuality and clearly the creature was terrified.

"er...erm.... lets just get going. She'll be ok" he knew that was not true. The place was going to blow pretty soon and chances were she would not survive... He moves towards the door leading to where they needed to go and glanced again at Able.
H.M.S - Diggy (Molekin)
H.M.S. - Nych (Cannis)
ToNA - Dr James? (Human)
Reply Return to top
Thanks given by: